Optom. Rekhi PS
- Baccalaureate of Optometry – Elite School of Optometry, Medical Research Foundation, Chennai 1986 -1990.
- Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai
Post Graduate Training:
- Advanced training in the clinic of Dr Kan Chhatwal OD/Dr. Jim Wilkinson OD, FAAO, Ontario Canada with special emphasis on learning disabilities and dyslexia.
- American Optometric Association accredited Advanced Contact Lens training programme New York, USA - 1991.
Professional Body Memberships:
- Member American Optometric Association 1991 - 2003
- Life Member Indian Optometric Association.
Other Academic Positions:
- Honorary Faculty, Rehabilitation Council of India's Orientation of Medical Officers working in
Primary Health Centres for Disability Management.
- Honorary Faculty, Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education for Persons with Multiple
Disabilities (Physical & Neurological).
- External examiner for graduating optometrists from Lotus college of Optometry since 2004, ESO,
- Guest Faculty - Reserve Bank of India, Staff College
Other Positions Held:
- Regional Clinical Advisor (Asia Pacific) Special Olympics
- Clinical Director Special Olympics' Opening Eyes
- Honorary Optometrist to The Spastics Society of India
- Honorary Optometrist to Down Syndrome Association of Tamil Nadu
- Part of Johnson & Johnson's educational speaker pool and Key Opinion Leader since 2008
Special Olympics SOLCIOE Camps Conducted / Attended:
- New Delhi – 2002, October
- New Delhi – 2004, February
- Ahmedabad – 2004, December (Asia Pacific meet)
- Japan – 2005, February (Winter Olympics)
- Kerala – 2008, February
- Kolkota – November 2008
- Mumbai – April 2009
- Siliguri – May 2009
- Chennai – January 2014
- Delhi – January 2017
- Chennai – October 2017
- Conducted an Instruction Course and delivered a lecture on being invited by the All India
Ophthalmic Society for their meetings in Bhopal and Hyderabad.
- Conducted an Instruction course and delivered lectures to the Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Society
meetings in Chennai and Pondicherry.
- Conducted PG update course for All India Ophthalmic Society on Contact lenses at Aravind Eye
Spectrum Eye Care:
The Clinic was established in December 1991. Patient handling, clinical procedures and patient
record maintenance systems are in line with the latest standards of care.
The Clinic is equipped with state of the art optometric equipment and instrumentation.
In the community service field, Spectrum has been providing all its services since inception to
people with moderate to severe challenges – Intellectual, Cerebral Palsy, Down's syndrome, and
Autistics - free. Approximately 1700 such patients were helped last year. Starting with children
enrolled with the Spastics Society of India (from 1991), and the Down Syndrome Association of
Tamil Nadu (from 1997) the clinic now extends its free services to persons with multiple
disabilities from many other school and societies and independent special educators across the
country. Through the camps organized by Special Olympics Bharat, a number of children in
remote areas have been extended primary eye care. During these camps Mr. Rekhi is also
responsible for training ophthalmologists and optometrists on examination procedures and
techniques for this population and sensitizing them to their needs. Spectrum Eye Care has also
conducted camps for this segment of our population and provided free spectacles during the Joy
of Giving week.